These are the latest and highest paying Fruit Picking jobs in Canada (with VISA Sponsorships) in 2022, majorly for Foreigners. There are many benefits (health, insurance etc). Continue reading to APPLY NOW. SOME CLOSES SOON
Fruit Picking Jobs In Canada – Everything You Should Know
Canada is an ideal country for working in agriculture. In Canada, you can find an interesting job in agriculture such as apple picking, cherry-picking, vegetable harvesting, and more.
Also, Canada is a prime location for anyone who wants to make a living from fruit picking jobs. Canada has an abundance of public and private orchards throughout the country that are ready for harvesting during many different times of the year.
It’s important to note that vegetable and fruit picking jobs in Canada are seasonal, and it can be quite hard work, but as we know it is worth it if you are willing to do it.
Agricultural processing jobs in Canada give people with the right skills ample avenues to work in many different aspects of the industry.
In this article, we will discuss apple picking and other related fruit picking jobs. Apple picking jobs are seasonal and full-time positions that require lots of physical energy.
Those who have experience with physical labor will have a better chance at finding a job as an apple picker.
The work is done outside, sometimes starting as early as 4 in the morning, with little to no pay during the winter months.
Pay can start as low as $500 per week, depending on the location. It is possible to work at a farm where you can get paid more than minimum wage and receive some sort of benefits.
Apple picking jobs usually begin in the early fall. The work is necessary as it allows the apples to ripen on the trees and makes harvesting easier. Within a few weeks it will be time to pick them, and this is when seasonal workers are required.
An apple picking job in Canada can be quite rewarding if you have personal experience or experienced workers who are familiar with the industry, but for most people it offers a way for them to support themselves during the off seasons of other farm jobs in Canada.
Apple picking is one of the most popular job opportunities in Canada. This is due mainly to the nature of the work.
Are There Many Apple Orchards In Canada?
There are many apple orchards in Canada. Just about every province in the country has some, and the most popular ones for picking fruit, are located in Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta.
Cherry Picking Jobs In Canada
In the early months of autumn, blueberries are one of the most popular fruits to harvest. Blueberry harvesting jobs in Canada will be easier to find in the fall and winter when most other seasonal fruit jobs are not necessary.
Blueberries are handpicked by picking them directly from their bushes. This can be a very tedious job, but it is also one of the more relaxing types of farm work in Canada.
The bushes grow wild and tall, which can make for a challenging job for some people who have never properly picked them before.
Cherry-picking is a different type of apple picking job. The most obvious thing that makes it different is the fact that it is cherries rather than apples, and you pick them off the ground rather than off of a tree.
A cherry picking job can still be quite rewarding because cherries are in demand during certain times of the year. This means that there is always a chance to find work no matter what time of year it is.
The pay will vary depending on the location, but it is possible to make a decent amount of money during the cherry season as long as you are willing to do it.
You can find job vacancies as early as July and August, and they remain open until just after the season has ended.
A horticulture farm job in Canada could be an excellent choice for anyone trying to work in agriculture while still having other opportunities available.
How Much Money Can You Make In Cherry Picking In BC?
For the cherry picking jobs in Canada, you can make lots of money when it comes to picking cherries.
In fact, you are likely to earn much more doing this than if you choose a job that involves other types of fruits and vegetables.
A typical cherry picking job in British Columbia will provide a person with enough money to pay all of their bills and have a little bit left over for spending.
This can be incentive enough on its own to convince people to sign up for these kinds of jobs when they are available.
List Of Other Fruits That Can Be Picked In Canada:
- Black currants
- Kiwi fruit
All the above mentioned fruits can be picked from the ground in Canada. They are mostly grown on farms and are found in supermarkets, as well as in various stores throughout Canada for local sales purposes only (a few such stores exist in Vancouver). It is important to note that, only during certain times of the year, are these fruits and vegetables available for picking. The majority of these fruits are grown throughout the year.
Picking anything from cherry, apple or peach will not only provide you with the opportunity to make money, but it is also enjoyable.
The work will vary depending on where you are picking in Canada so you have to be flexible with your schedule.
How Much Are Fruit Pickers Paid In Canada?
Junior fruit pickers will be paid on a per pound basis. Because fruit is heavier, or denser than vegetables, you might make from $20 to $50 per hour.
With this type of work you might only be doing it part time if you are training to do the job full time.
Picking vegetables in Canada has many possibilities, but in general it’s not as easy as picking other fruit like apples or cherries. Because vegetables are usually harvested from the ground, it is more complicated, and you will have to work harder than an apple picker to get the job done.
What Is Required To Be A Fruit Picker In Canada?
Price negotiation is not a big concern when looking for fruit picking jobs in Canada. The employers are usually willing to pay whatever they are offered as long as they are getting enough people to fill all of their vacancies. The opportunities are more plentiful than you would expect.
How Can A Fruit Picker Immigrate To Canada?
If you are interested in immigrating to Canada, it is essential to find some type of farm employment.
Although you might not be able to start working immediately, because of the requirements for a work visa, your employer will be able to give you temporary resident status. This will allow you to work and live in the country until the appropriate paperwork is processed.
Q and A
Top Frequently Asked Questions by some of our visitors and their Answers:
Is Agriculture In Demand In Canada?
The agriculture industry has always been very strong in Canada. It is an important part of the country’s overall economy and has a considerable influence on the general welfare of its population.
Canada’s agricultural production varies from one province to another, although it is widely distributed throughout the country. Because Canada is such a large country and its climate varies widely, almost all of the commonly farmed crops are grown here, as well as some that are rarely or never grown anywhere else.
Is Agriculture A Good Career In Canada?
It can be a great career for someone who has never worked in the industry before though. People who have never worked on farms tend to be very particular about the work.
They might not be able to handle it if they don’t see any potential for advancement and growth on the farm.
Is Farming Profitable In Canada?
On the whole, Canadian farmers have been very successful since Confederation. In general, Canadian farmers have been well trained and highly efficient. This has contributed to their success in many ways, including the government’s provision of various kinds of financial assistance over the years.
The federal government provides income security for farmers through its farm income support program. The program provides income that is withheld from farmers’ monthly cash advances until they reach certain levels of income returns. So, farming is really profitable in Canada.
Jump straight to Today, June 26, 2022 Fresh Latest Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada with VISA SPONSRSHIPS ⇒ HERE
Advantages Of Fruit Picking Jobs
Below are some of the things you tend to benefit from when you do a job picking in Canada or any part of the world.
- It is absolutely free to do.
- It is a good way to make extra money while remaining in school or working on a part time job.
- Being outside in nature can be very soothing and helps to keep you calm and relaxed, if you are an outdoors person.
- It is also great exercise if you choose to take long treks through the woods or fields in your quest for picking fruit.
- It ‘s fun and exciting, even for those people who do not usually go looking for fruit.
- You can enjoy some of the fruit you pick.
- Some fruit varieties are only available during certain times of the year, and that is one of the reasons why many people choose to pick fruit.
- It is a good source of income, especially for those people who are in need of cash flow. It is especially beneficial for those people who have families and need extra money to support them during hard economic times (such as high gas prices).
- You can make money working on your own schedule and at times that work best for your family’s needs.
- It is also a good way to save up for big ticket items that you may want.
- It is also a great way for kids to learn about the importance of money management, as well as, how to budget their earnings throughout the year (this can help them have extra spending money when they are older).
Disadvantages Of Fruit Picking Jobs
Despite having many advantages, there are still some disadvantages to this kind of job. Check them out below;
- Certain fruit varieties only survive in certain areas, and that is why they are a highly valuable crop. There are vast areas where no one in their right mind would pick apples. Cherries and blueberries can only be found in certain locations, and some people do not realize this before they start their quest for picking up the fruit in those areas (if their pickings are well below what the market demands at that time of year).
- Being outside on a hot summer day can be very challenging. Not only can the weather be very hot, but also the physical exertion of picking as you walk through the woods or fields can make you very hot. This is why it is important to dress in layers, and to never wear open toe shoes.
- Depending on the area where they pick, some areas are not as clean as others. If there are predators in the area (such as bears), then it is even more important to be aware of your surroundings and your surroundings at night.
- Some fruit varieties are not available during certain times of the year, so you need to pick up those fruits and vegetables that are in abundance.
- You may have to travel long distances for some fruits and vegetables, depending on where it is that you live. When it comes to traveling long distances for picking fruit, you should always make sure that you have a vehicle with good fuel mileage (and even better, one with a hybrid engine).
In this article, we were able to touch on various angles concerning fruit picking in Canada. You now know that there are various fruit picking jobs in Canada and British Columbia.
In British Columbia, the fruit picking industry supplies many livelihoods for people who are looking to make good money doing something that is both enjoyable and exciting.
Urgent Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada with VISA Sponsorships for Today June 26, 2022
44 Fruit Farm Labourers needed in High Point Orchards LTD. (Ocean Crisp Apple Company)
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma.
Experience: No experience.
Type of Farm Operations: Fruit and vegetable combination farming.
Type of Crops: Apples.
Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops.
Examine produce for quality and prepare for market.
Specific Skills – Field Crops:
Stone and/or wood picking.
Work Site Environment: Outdoors.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Attention to detail.
Standing for extended periods.
Bending, crouching, kneeling.
Work Location Information:
Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists Specific Skills: Fruit trees training. Tying.
Location: Kentville, NS
Salary: $13.35 hourly for 48 to 60 hours per week
Terms of employment: Seasonal employment, Full time
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
By email: [email protected]
Job Vacancies in Canada Today | 66,533 Latest Available Jobs in Canada – APPLY NOW !
Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners 2022 | With VISA Sponsorship
Urgent Truck Driver Jobs in Canada for Foreigners | With VISA SPONSORSHIPS
Urgent Welder Jobs in Canada for Foreigners 2022 with VISA SPONSORSHIPS
NURSE PRACTITIONER JOBS IN Canada for Foreigners APPLY NOW URGENT